Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Holidays

Boy, time really flies these days. Seems like we just had Thanksgiving and Christmas. Needless to say, I am not prepared for Christmas yet. I do plan on having Thanksgiving here at my home with just Randy and John and Kathy.

One thing that is bad about the holidays, is that it's usually stormy and very hard to travel to visit family who live far away.  Randy does not like to fly and I don't either especially now that they have their new security screening. Because of my knee replacement, I am always selected to get more security than others. I show them the card from my DR but they still have to screen me for a long time and pat me down all over. And now that they have this new screening going on, I will probably have to go through the scanner (they can see you naked) and also be patted down even more intensely. I am sorry, but do I look like a terrorist?  Anyway, flying is expensive too. So unless we have a real global warming and fast, I don't think we will be going to visit anyone for the Holidays. No matter if I travel west to Seattle or east to Wisconsin or even Idaho, we would have to travel through mountains and storms to get there.

Maybe we should have a new tradition of having the Holidays in the summer. Ha Ha.

But I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas.
Love, Mom

3 comments:

Carrillo's 5 said...

you can come see our lights!!! were not too far away!! no excuses there

CHERISE AND MARTY said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! WE HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE DAY AND FEEL GOOD. LOVE YA, THE IDAHO CARRILLO'S

Tulabell said...

Better to be safe and sound. I heard the blizzard was crazy tonight. Am so glad we aren't driving on that road this year, but yet to see what will come our way here in WI. No snow here yet. A few flakes but that has been it. We will definately make up for lost time when we do get together, that is for sure!

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/