Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cold Winter Days

Well winter is here in all its glory. I think I live in Alaska. It has been hard since Randy's death. It's miserable and cold and dark. I dream of him often and in my dreams he is alive and well. I hate to wake up to reality. Another blasted birthday has come and gone. I am what they now call elderly. I find life gets quite boring. I keep thinking I am going to move soon but nothing comes of it.. I have been packing and everything is cluttered. My kids took me out for my birthday. It was wonderful except for the crowds. I went to Idaho for Christmas. The weather was bad on the way home. The holidays are not what they used to anyway.

My little Gimli cat is now my constant companion. He is soft and furry and keeps me warm. My desktop computer and my printer neither one work. I now only have my laptop. I chat sometimes with people online. I met a scammer and he didn't fool me. I no longer chat with him. My reading is my life now. I love non fiction and memoirs. Beverly and I are getting ready to start some classes for seniors. The last ones I found boring. Hope this season is better.

John and Kathy and I took the bus to Green Bay. It was a hurried trip. We had a good time but the ride was very hard. I know that I can live in Green Bay and be comforable. I will miss other family though. After coming home, I got really sick with a sinus infection which is still not completely gone. Not much to say, except I hope it gets warmer soon. And that I find out soon what my future move is going to be. I hope I can use my motorhome in the summer. I may sell it.

No comments:

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/