Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Am Thankful....

This Thanksgiving, I am very thankful for my health, my security and my family. I have many blessings. I often do not appreciate all that I have. I have a tendency to look at negative other than positive things.

I am thankful that I was raised by loving parents. We didn't have much in the way of material things but we had love and many happy times together. My parents taught me great values and hard work.

I am also thankful for my children. All of them are very successful and responsible people. I could not have asked for better children. I am thankful for my Alex and the hard work and all of the talents he gave us while he was alive. I miss him very much. He was always there for me even though we had our trials. His life was way too short. But he left us with many wonderful memories and things to treasure. He left me with security and I am sorry he had to go through so much only to lose it by an untimely death.

I am thankful for Randy, my husband. He is very special. His life was so much different than mine and I am learning to have understanding of those people who are not just like we are. I am sorry he has so much physical pain to live with every day. He has had pain most of his life. He keeps plugging on and helping me to have a life worth living. I wish I could do more to help him but like it was with my mother, I just can't take all his pain away. Would that I could.

I have a nice warm home, a loving family, food to eat, a nice warm bed, a shower, clothes to wear and fairly good health. There are many in this world who do not enjoy these things. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/