Sunday, January 13, 2008

Friday Birthday

Randy and I went to eat at Magleby's and to a movie called 30 DAYS OF NIGHT. Not very good but better than some. It was a vampire movie. Thanks to all my kids who remembered my birthday and called me and gave me gifts. I love you all. I cannot believe I am 64. Next year I will have to go on Medicare!

I got new boots and shoes. It has been snowing so much here that I had to get boots. I hate winter so far. I think it is making Randy depressed being from Arizona and all. He is doing better with his depression but now he has what appears to be the stomach flu. We were going to go SLC on Sat and eat at The Black Angus but he can't eat anything, only drink liquids. He has now gotten a new Dr. here in American Fork and likes him. I had to get a new Dr. too. I really liked my old one. But he is leaving to be on the staff of a new hospital. So I got a new Dr. in American Fork too and she is Chinese. Her name is Yung Ling. I have not gone to her yet. I will on Tuesday.

We have 8 cats now!! Randy couldn't resist getting Dory, Matt's cat. She was so afraid of their dogs that she hid downstairs all the time. Randy couldn't stand that, so she is now here. She's really good and only comes out in the morning. The rest of the time she stays in her bed at the top of the stairs.

Randy's cat Bud has a abscess. We had to take him in to get it drained. He has special needs. He shakes all the time and is very skinny even though he eats a lot. He walks like he is lame and he seems to have a problem with his hips. He sometimes does not use the litter box and sometimes he sprays. The vet said he had a little problem with his kidneys and his pancreas but nothing serious whatever that means. No diabetes. His teeth are bad but Randy can't afford to have them fixed. He keeps hanging on and I guess he will live until he dies. He is Randy's favorite because he is so needy.

1 comment:

Tulabell said...

You never mentioned they got two more dogs...niether did they. Interesting. Had I known they were wanting another dog, well we got one they could have. Just kidding, Jake loves Bear Bear too much. You know I am still waiting for you to get an orange stripey cat, hey maybe that would be a good birthday gift! That's all you need is one more animal!

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/