Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our Trip and Other Happenings















On May 21, we went to Contessa's graduation. Marty and Cherise were great hosts. We spent the night with our trailer parked in Marty's driveway. After the graduation, we all went to The Olive Garden to eat. Contessa graduated with honors and also got a scholarship to Logan Utah State University. She will live with relatives there while going to school. We are proud of her. We also saw the Fall of Idaho Falls and lots of cute baby geese with their mothers watching close by.

The next day we went to Yellowstone Park. We camped at a KOA in West Yellowstone. We spent that day setting up and swimming and used the hot tub. It snowed a little that day. The next day it was pretty good weather. We went into the park and visited almost all of it. Randy had never been there before. We saw buffalo and cute baby buffalo and elk and a bald eagle in its next way up high. We saw all the geysers including Old Faithful. The blue pools are still my favorite. We saw the stinky mud pots as well. Yellowstone Lake was mostly frozen over. Yellowstone is so different in the cold weather. I was really mad because my digital camera broke when I had only taken a few photos. I had to send it in to get fixed. So I got the chip out and got the ones I did take put on a cd and I have them in this blog.

We spent that night again at West Yellowstone in our trailer and watched DVDS. We ate supper at a Chinese place that was not very good and highly priced.

The next day we headed out to Jackson Wyoming. It had been raining all day and on the way to the Tetons there was still lots of snow and the lakes were frozen. You could not see the tips of the Tetons for the clouds but they were majestic all the same. We spent the night at a KOA in Jackson where it rained all night. I used my Garmin to find the place but I had programmed the wrong address which I got from MapQuest so we had a hard time finding the KOA and Randy got quite upset with me and the Garmin. We camped by the Snake River. The next morning it was nice weather and we went down to the river before heading home to Utah. It was a safe trip and fun but we need to fix the toilet in the trailer as it leaks a little. Randy is so picky about everything; it all must be perfect and so he really takes good care of the trailer and keeps everything so clean.

No comments:

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/