Friday, May 9, 2008

This and That and the Cats

Randy got a clean bill of health from the Dr. It was just his diabetes that was the problem. He is having problems with sugar spikes and the medication he was on was causing him to get gas and bad diarrhea. The diabetes was also causing him to lose weight. He is on new meds now so hopefully that will help.

We have a stray cat that has come here and of course Randy has taken to him. He is really cute and is a tabby. He is not neutered and I don't want him in the house. Some of Randy's cats don't have good litter box habits and he I have to clean up urine a lot of the time mostly from Bud and Annie. Things have to change here before I will let him get another cat. But for now the cat is outdoors and Randy visits him on the deck and of course he feeds him so he will probably never leave! We have to buy pads for the places that those two cats urinate and I have found some good odor remover but I am afraid with all these cats that my house and rugs are going to be ruined even though we do clean up after those cats the minute we know anything has happened. I know Randy would probably pick the cats over me if I asked him to get rid of them.

Bud was really sick for a week. He didn't eat or move. He is really skinny and is a very special needs cat. He looks like he should have up and died a long time ago. We both thought he was a gonner and was preparing for his death and deciding where to bury him. Then he slowly got better and is his old weird self again. He really does have nine lives! He still looks so skinny. He is not going easily into that good night.

1 comment:

bitterkat said...

sigh. Old cats. You just have to weigh their good days vs. their bad ones and go with it. Love takes over. I hope when he goes, that he goes peacefully.

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/