Monday, May 25, 2009

Enjoying Life


Today is memorial day and of course it does bring some sadness with loss of My Alex. He was a wonderful man and cared so much for me and our family. I am thankful that I can now be happy after five years. My life had been pretty rough in the years of 2003 and 2004 having lost my parents those years as well. I never thought I would find joy again, but God has been there for me and I can finally move forward. I miss Alex and my parents but I must move on though they are not longer with me.


Today I am happy to be alive. I am happy for my new husband, for my home, my family even my cats. I have more self esteem and feel more free than I have for years. I am happy being me. I love nature and my family and all the blessings God has given me. I am 65 years old and I am sorry I waited so long to learn what life is all about and learn how to enjoy life to its fullest. I feel much better and much healthier than I have for years. I am sure it was guilt and depression that caused me to not enjoy and realize my blessings. I feel free and I hope to get the most out of the rest of my life because I waited just too long to live life to its fullest.


My views on religion have changed. I feel religion should be simple: live your life as Jesus would want you to. I know I have made many mistakes but I know that Jesus died for us and He would not be happy for us to have contention among one another because of different beliefs. We have our free agency and everyone has the right to exercise it. Different beliefs should not cause us not to love each other. I would ask of the ones I love, Please do not let different views on religion separate us. Are religious beliefs more important than loving your fellow man?
I wish our family could be closer and I could see them more often. I want them to know that I love them and I hope they will forgive me if I have ever hurt them. I wish all of my family to have a very joyous summer.


I have posted a photo of Savannah. She brings a lot of joy into my life.


No comments:

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/