Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tying the Knot

Randy and I have been together for over a year. We have finally decided to tie the knot. It's a little scary but we feel we want to really commit ourselves now. I do not know if my family wants this or not. I think maybe I'm damned if I do marry and damned if I don't. Anyway, I hope my family will support me in this. After all, some of them have remarried and I have supported them. Randy and I love each other and hope to have a happy life together.

One of the reasons we did not choose to marry sooner is that Randy was afraid that my family would think he was after me because of money. He didn't want to cause any rift with my family. The money situation is as it was before: What was mine when we met is still mine and nothing will change that way. I am keeping my Carrillo name. The only reason we are marrying now is because we think it's right morally and we love each other and are committed.

The wedding date is set for May 16 and any who want to attend are welcome. It's just with the judge at his home and nothing else. A very short ceremony. All are welcome who want to come. Randy and I were thinking of getting married in Reno but he wanted my family to attend so he was thinking of them.

No comments:

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/