Monday, June 1, 2009

Glad for The Summer and My Weight Loss




Yesterday we took a ride up American Fork Canyon. One campground was still closed because of a rock slide but the others were open. We can't wait to go out and camp again. We have set up two camping trips this summer and wish we could do more but we have other things planned like a cruise and a belated honeymoon trip. I wish it would be summer longer. We just can't seem to fit it all in. We also went to Heber and ate at Chick's Cafe. Those little town cafes are so much better than the chains. Good food and a good price. I have managed to lose 23 pounds and still eat some foods that are not diet foods. I do this by having skim milk, yogurt, using Splenda in place of sugar when I can and watching portions. I am taking a diet pill called Alli which helps your body by not absorbing fat. The problem right now is: my clothes are getting very baggy and I had to buy two new pairs of jeans. I can't stand baggy jeans. The rest of my clothes will just have to be baggy for now at least.

Now that the weather is warm, I can't wait to go camping and vacationing. The only problem is: It will not last. We have our whole summer planned out and wish we had more time to check out all the other places and fun things to do. Unfortunately, there just isn't time and it will be winter again before you know it. And the older I get, the faster time flies. So I need to do lots of things before time runs out but time waits for no man.

1 comment:

Tulabell said...

That is why you go to Arizona for the winter! LOL

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/