Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Come and Gone

Christmas just isn't the same since I have gotten older. Some of the reasons that I don't like Christmas is the cold, the hassle, feeling like I have to love Christmas like others do or I am a Scrooge, the commerialism, being alone etc. Things I really like about Christmas is the music, my family, the lights etc.

I did have a pretty good Christmas all in all this year. I wasn't alone and I didn't have much hassle this year as I kept it very simple. Tammy and her family visited Christmas Eve. I enjoyed that a lot. I got gift cards and theater tickets, perfume, towels, a Precious Moment doll, books, calendars, candy and a digital camera from Randy. We went out to eat at a Chinese place (like in The Christmas Story) and we went to see Sweeney Todd. I have seen the non-musical version on TV. This new version with Johnny Depp is a musical and has very little diaglog. For the story I liked the non-musical one better but the musical one is a real art movie. So I liked them both.

Anyway, I am glad Christmas is over. I don't like winter and I know there is a lot more to go. I hate the heat too so I guess I will never be satisfied with the weather.

No comments:

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/