Monday, December 3, 2007

A New Life

We drove all the way home from AZ in one day. Got home around 1:30 AM. We are both really tired from doing so much packing and moving and stuff. Randy has had two back operations and it is especially hard on him. To make matters worse, I found out that the tempra pedic mattress I have been sleeping on for some time was turned on the wrong side. I always wondered why it didn't seem to be working like it should. So Randy had to flip that mattress and it weighs a ton and it really hurt his back more. I asked him to wait but he is very independent. We went to Deseret Industries to buy a chest of drawers for Randy since he sold all his furniture to his new tenant in AZ. We hauled all the rest of his stuff to Utah in a U-Haul trailer that Matt pulled with his Yukon.

The cats. all 7 of them are adjusting. The first night there were lots of hisses and growls and hiding. But now they are all getting along fine as long as they are given some space.

I am trying to make a new life here with Randy. For the most part, it has been really good. We do have our differences however. Randy is a good man and a hard worker. He works much harder than he needs to. He is OCD on cleanliness and neatness. This is good because I will always have a clean house but sometimes it's frustrating. I can see maybe why he had some problems in his marriages with his OCD. He is also a control freak and I found out that I cannot drive the van with him in it. He gets really nervous and tells me what to do. Maybe this is because he was a truck driver for so many years and had control of the road and the truck. He doesn't even like to fly in an airplane because he does not have control. I am patient and I can work that out.

Another problem we have is the TV. He likes action, Sci Fi and Horror. I like some of it but not a constant diet. There are always other TV's in the house to watch, so that is ok but together, he will not watch something with me that isn't what he likes but I will watch things I am not particularly into for him. We have to work on this. This is another reason that marriage isn't an option for me right now. We need to get to know each other much better. He is very good to me though and we do love each other very much. We are hoping to go camping and on trips together.

No comments:

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/