Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Off to Arizona

Randy and I are leaving for Arizona tomorrow. We will be there a week. We are visiting friends there and taking care of a lady's home and caring for her cats while she is away. It will save us money. I am looking forward to this since we won't be doing anything again until next summer. But then we may be going to Idaho the Sat. after Thanksgiving to Contessa's wedding.

Randy has had some health issues but he had a whole physical checkup and a CT scan and everything is normal except his blood sugar. He has had to go on insulin. His blood sugar is getting better and he has not been eating sweets except those with Splenda. It's sure expensive using Splenda though.

We had to get a new router for our computers. We got a wireless router and Ethernet and things work much better. Our old router kept kicking us off the Internet.

We have been together almost a year now. I don't think we will marry. It's a hassle worrying about dividing things up. Randy has had enough marriages and feels he will be jinxed if he marries again. We are happy the way we are. It is no different than if we were married, just no piece of paper. We are very committed to each other. I know our religion teaches us different but I don't feel I am doing anything wrong and it is better the way we are doing it for everyone concerned. I feel that if it's a sin what I am doing, then the practice of polygamy in the past was sin as well. I am a big girl so I guess if there are consequences then I will have to take them as they come. I like to be able to think for myself and not have to be dictated to on what I should do or not do. However, this is not a decision to be taken lightly and it requires maturity and financial means before it should ever be undertaken. I do hope that even though many of my family would not agree with my lifestyle, that you will at least accept me anyway with all my faults. I just believe different than many of you I know. Wrong or right, that's just me.

No comments:

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/