Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Las Vegas Freemont Experience












We enjoyed a three day trip to Las Vegas this past week. We went to attend Jennfer and Robert's renewal ceremony. We stayed three days at the Golden Nugget Hotel on Freemont Street. Freemont Street used to be a regular street but now it is a tourist attraction that has a light show every hour on the hour. The hotel was very nice with a big screen TV and a swimming pool that was designed along a shark pool so that it looked like you are swimming with the sharks. It also had a tube slide that leads right to the pool. The pool is kept quite warm but was not warm enough for me because the weather was only in the 50's. I did get into the hot tub though or should I say I fell into the hot tub. I misjudged the distance to step in and landed with my whole body underwater and made a fool of myself. Oh well, it would not be a vacation if I didn't fall. I have fallen on most every vacation I have gone on.

We dined at restaurants in the hotel and had a brunch at the buffet with the family that visited to see Jennfer and Robert renew their vows.

The Freemont Experience is wonderful with a light show that cannot be appreciated unless you experience it in person. We had a great time and it was hard to come home. Even though it was not warm in Vegas, it was a heat wave compared to here. And we resisted the urge to gamble. Matt and Kelly and Kipp and Tina and kid also attended as well as Robert and Jennifer's friends from Seattle.

Also, happy birthday to Jennifer: February 13, 40
Jaden Carrillo: February 14, 2
Andy Riehle: February 17, 24

No comments:

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/