Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Beauty of the North
















Randy and I just got back from a trip to Seattle and a cruise to Alaska. Tina, Kip and Dom joined us on the cruise. We had a great time. We rode the train in Skagway in which the railway was built during the gold rush. The train was White Pass. It was a very long trip along the mountain where there were so many interested landscapes to see even the Skagway old cemetery. We visited the glaciers of Juneau and the Fjords were beautiful beyond compare. The glaciers were gorgeous with deep blue ice formations. When the ice is blue, it means that it is very old and has no oxygen inside. The fjords were in a narrow strip amongst many glaciers and there were icebergs floating in the still blue-green water. We visited Victoria in Canada where we went to a beautiful butterfly garden and also visited the Buchart Gardens which were gorgeous. I could not see it all as there was a lot of walking and my knee an back hurt. The driver took us around the town and we saw the sites including the famous Empress Hotel.

We had so much to eat on the cruise that we both gained weight. We were totally pampered. Randy did get sea sick the 2nd day and spent the day in bed. He went to the top of the ship where there is more bouncing and the sea was a little rough that day. He had an empty stomach and had just taken insulin so think that had a lot to do with it. After the cruise we went to Jennifer's and then visited my brother Chris on the way home.

I can hardly type with these fingernails so I won't write much right now. I will write more when I get them off. We did have a wonderful time.

1 comment:

Tulabell said...

If I would have known I would have had you pick up one of those wooden dolls from that picture for Savannah. She loves those!

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/