Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wishful Thinking, Retirement and Aging


Me and My Former Boss and My Ex-coworker: Michelle Kendall:


Me and My Former Boss, Sondra Boulter

My boss when I worked for the State retired last week. She is the same age as I am. I went to her retirement party and found out that most of the people I worked with there are either retired or gone elsewhere. Things have sure changed a lot during these last 3 years. I am so old that I now am going to be on Medicare. One thing good though, everybody there said I looked younger and happier than I did three years ago. They said I get younger every day. Well I wish I could keep doing that as the years go by, but I am sure that is just wishful thinking.

1 comment:

Tulabell said...

Don't forget how they all said how happy you looked too, so you must be! Funny how 4 years ago you probably never thought you'd have another high point in your life. The old saying is true, "You are only as young as you feel."

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/