Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh to Sleep or Purchance to Dream

Yesterday I went to the sleep expert Dr. The results of my oxygen blood test while sleeping came back as mild to moderate for low oxygen in my blood when I am asleep. I did have a cold at the time the test was taken and part of the problem could have been caused by that.

Anyway, the Dr. said I could go in for an overnight sleep study if I wanted but I haven't had any daytime sleepiness so I am probably ok for now. I do have a slightly large tongue and nothing can be done about that. He wants me to lose weight and exercise more which I am starting a NutraSystems diet next week in addition to some Alli pills, and I am excersizing most days on the exercise bike. Wish me luck to be able to lose 40 or 50 pounds. I will see the Dr. in three months and he wants me to lose 15 lbs by that time. My metabolism is very low because I have very little mucsle so even when I eat almost nothing, I don't burn much fat. I need to increase my mucsle tone in my body. Also, I have lost an inch in height, I am now 5 ft 4 instead of 5 ft 5. Randy has lost 2 inches in his height. So much for growing old.

I have been sleeping with a vaporiser on as well as a humidifier. One reason I snore is because of nasal swelling and dryness.

Today I am thankful I have food to sustain me and heat to warm me from the winter cold.

No comments:

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/