Friday, January 23, 2009

Winter

Can I say that I don't like winter at all!! But I know we need the moisture for the summer to come. Sometimes I wish I could hibernate through the long and dreary days. Think of the money that could be saved on food and utilities!!

So today I guess I am thankful for the winter and the moisture that we receive. Even though I complain, I know we would be hard pressed to be without winter.

Right now we are in an inversion and the air is not healthy. It's harder to breath and really ugly except when the fog freezes on the trees and then it looks like a real fairyland. You can always find something good in bad situations. Like the sunsets are so much more magnificent when the air is bad and the moon really looks cool during the inversion. So there you go: I found something good about this ugly winter and foggy weather.

No comments:

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/