Monday, August 20, 2007

Rita and The Angry Itch

Ever since Saturday I have been itching all over my body. And the slightest pressure causes my skin to turn red. It's not just a regular itch, but a burning prickly itch. I do think it has something to do with the heat and my clothes. I sweat a lot under my clothes and then sweat doesn't evaporate and then the itch starts. Even being in the heat will cause my skin to burn and itch. When I am in a really cool place (72 and below) I do not get this problem as much.

I asked the Dr. and he wants me to go off my blood pressure pills for a couple of weeks and see if that is it. I don't think so because I have been on them for over a month and it just barely started to happen. I think it's related to MS and heat. I fee better when I go around with just a shift dress on with nothing underneath. The itching is worse where clothes bind me like around the waist and chest. I have been doing Aveeno Oatmeal baths and it helps to soothe but it comes back. I am using Gold Bond lotion and it helps a little. I haven't noticed a difference in taking Benadryl. Right now I have red scathes and bumps all over me. I need some relief!!

No comments:

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/