Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Vacation

Just got back from a vacation with Tammy and her family from Seattle and the Oregon Coast. We really had a good time and even though it seemed like we were gone forever, we still didn't see even one tenth of what there was to see. All I can say is that it's too hot back here!!

I loved visiting with Jennifer. I like how we can sit in her backyard and not get so hot. Savannah really liked Zoe and hated to leave. Seattle is too crowded though, just like here. Give me the peaceful Oregon Coast. It was so beautiful and green and cool! I liked how we rode the trolley in Astoria and vistited the old mansion. I liked taking a walk on the dock. We saw sardines come right off the boat to the conveyer belt to be processed. I liked all the beaches on the coast and how they were so gorgoeous. I especially liked the tall rocks on the beach. It's hard for me now to walk down to them in the sand so I have to be satisfied with just looking at them. There are so many rivers and bridges and all. I wish I could live there on the coast in a small town.

I wish Alex were here to remember how to get to the redwood forest that we always went to. I find out now that it is 30 miles south of Eureka CA. We didn't even go down that far. I wished we could have visited a lot more places as I know we missed as lot of beaches and light houses. We did get to see the Heceta Lighthouse on the hill near the sea lion caves. I would have loved to go to Patrick's Point State Park in northern CA. Can you believe it? We almost hit a bear who ran right across the road in front of the van. It was a brown bear that looked like it was still kind of young. We also saw a doe and her fawn running beside her and lots of elk.

The Sierra's in Nevada were pretty but dry and roads very winding. The Donner museum is something we always stop at. It was such sad tale. Reno is too big and too many people. They were having a great classic car show there which explains why it was so hard to get a motel there. I thought Charlie would want to stay longer to visit Reno and I wanted to go to Lake Tahoe so that's why I wanted to stay an extra day. But I guess we were all just getting kind of tired and wanted to get home. Others aren't used to traveling as much as I do so I can see why they would want to and also they had to go back to work and needed to take some time to relax. All I can say is: been there, done that. I am glad I don't have that worry anymore.

No comments:

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/