Thursday, August 30, 2007

New Driveway and New Lawn

Well, I guess I am going to have to break down do it: my yard that is. I am getting a cement driveway in the back by the shop. It will be a T-Shaped driveway that comes in from the road on the north and goes both South and North and East. I can either drive East to the shop or drive West toward the house. The main driveway will start on the north where the gate is. Cement is really expensive!!

Then in Oct. I am getting a new sprinkling system with a timer and new top soil and sod on my front and side lawn. It's expensive but not as much as the cement. I hate spending money but I can't stand my yard any longer. With all this money I am putting into it, I expect the kids not sell it or have it torn down. That will be a big wast of money. Next year I will get either sod or hydro-seed on the back lawn around the cement and some gravel in places the cement and sod doesn't cover.

2 comments:

Tulabell said...

I hear ya. All home improvement is very expensive. I think we got a good deal on our trees though, I only hope we don't kill them.

Anonymous said...

Just skimmed through your blog and find you to be a very interesting woman. Good luck with everything you choose to try.

The lady we stayed with in Santa Rosa has a sister who is a famous writer. Her name is http://www.ellynbache.com/